Going into a dealership to trade in your car can be an anxious process. You can’t wait to find out the value of your car so you can move onto finding the perfect car! Well, no worries as Trust Auto is here to ease your mind and give you all the information you need.
The Essential Trade In Guide
- Research. You can Google and look on different websites to get an idea of what your car may be worth. While you’re researching keep in mind that the website isn’t actually looking at your car. It is giving you an estimate. Don’t get too excited. This is just for you to get an overall idea before heading in to get it looked at in person.
- Clean. Go in with your car cleaned. A nice, cleaned out car is a lot more appealing than one that is filled with junk. Many people ask about getting dings and other small things fixed on their car before having it looked at. While this may help enhance your value, if your car is over 50,000 miles we recommend not trying to fix everything beforehand. The dealership can easily fix whatever may be wrong with your vehicle and cars over 50,000 miles tend to go to auction.
- Be Honest. When you do get your car looked at, be honest about accidents and any other issues your vehicle has. This is important especially for the next person who will be driving the car.
- Promotion. Many dealerships run trade in specials so be on the lookout for any promotions going on near you.
We hope this was helpful in easing your mind. After you do your research and go into a dealership…
- The appropriate person will take your car for a test drive and look over it in detail to see everything your car has to offer.
- The mechanic on hand will have a look at your engine and do a more in depth look at what’s going on inside.
- Lastly, the car will be appraised and you will officially have an accurate answer on what you can get for your car. Not all dealers will give you the same amount, but it will more than likely be around the same.
If you have any further questions on how trading your car in goes, comment below!
Did you find this article helpful? Pin The Image Below On Pinterest
Local to Syskeville, Maryland or live in a surrounding area?
We look forward to seeing you!