When shopping for a good used car, one that looks good, and one that should serve my needs, there is a lot that I don’t know about it, but I would like to know. Learn more about some of the most frequently asked questions about buying a used car.
Questions to Ask When Buying a Used Car
- Is there a vehicle history report available like Carfax or Auto Check that will disclose any reported accidents or damage?
- Has the seller inspected the vehicle carefully? Is there any unreported damage?
- Does a vehicle history report show how much maintenance or normal repairs have been done?
- How many owners has this vehicle had?
- Has the required Maryland State Inspection been performed?
- Did the State Inspection disclose any repair work that is needed but not done?
- How much life is left on the tires and brake linings?
- What kind of warranty comes with this vehicle?
- Can I purchase a vehicle service contract to protect me from any major breakdowns?
- If the vehicle is involved in a serious accident and is declared a total loss, will my insurance pay off my amount financed?
- Where did this vehicle come from?
- Is there any indication that a prior owner might have been a smoker?
- If this car is an auction purchase, was it sold with a green light or sold with any conditions?
If you still have questions about buying a used car, contact our team at Trust Auto.